Colour Of Spring debut single “Honey”
On the 2nd February 2015 Plastic Fish Records released Colour Of Spring’s debut single “Honey”, a soon to be cult classic.
Colour Of Spring are a Yorkshire based lo-fi/ shoegaze four piece comprised of Shane Hunter, Robin Chamberlain, Tom Gregory and Bryce Gibson. Formed from their mutual taste in music they perfectly blend the sounds of My Bloody Valentine and The Cure with a darker twist. With a clear background in the DIY music scene, their raw yet personal sound has seen them perform with the likes of TEEN, Soft Walls and Autobahn.
Their debut double A side single was recorded at the acclaimed “Suburban Home” Studio in Leeds, which is owned and run by MJ of Hookworms. With a clear shoegaze inspired sound, both ‘Honey’ and ‘Skin’ have dark brooding undertones with captivating melodic elements mixed in.
With early support from BBC Leeds, BCB’s Yorkshire Music Collective, Audio Graffiti and American Radio Station KDHX the future looks long and bright for Colour Of Spring.
- January 16th – Santiagos, Leeds w/Kamikaze Girls
- January 30th – The Hop, Wakefield w/Autobahn (Independent Venue Week)
- February 1st – Brudenell Social Club, Leeds w/Menace Beach
- February 13th – The Parish, Huddersfield (RECORD RELEASE SHOW)
- March 10th – The Fulford Arms, York w/Flowers